Togetherness, Session 12, 4 June 2020 with Expressive Movement Founder, Sian Palmer
R80.00 – R160.00
Dancing is a social act. An act of being in relationship both within ourselves and together. When we dance we meet in companionship, solidarity and community.
All are welcome. We were made to dance.
Expressive Movement is a movement meditation form designed for you to follow your body’s natural movement with the support of a DJ’d set and the guidance of your facilitator.
All are welcome. We were made to dance – no previous experience is needed.
Date and time: Thursday 4 June 2020 @ 18:30 SA time (GMT+2)
Expressive Movement Guidelines:
- Check your dance space and ensure it is clear of any obstructions.
- Take care of your body. If you have any injuries, pay attention and move with an awareness of them.
- This is a good time to switch your mobile phone to silent and turn off any notification for uninterrupted presence.
- In this meditation practice we move beyond words. Allow yourselves the duration of this session to speak in movement, beyond verbal talking.
- There is no way of getting this practice wrong – follow your body, stay in movement.
- Keep breathing. Your breath is your resource.
Step By Step Guide to Dance:
1. Visit Real Academy: https://realacademy.net/shop/
2. Find this week’s class and “Ticket Detail” > “Buy Ticket Now” > “View Cart”
3. Fill out your details
4. Click “Proceed to Checkout” and follow payment options
Registering in this way confirms your attendance.
NOTE: You can find the zoom link under “My Account > My Expressive Movement – weekly” on completion of your order for our Thursday evening meetup. The link will also appear in the completion email.
Please contact Sian Palmer if you did not receive the zoom link by 18h00 GMT+2 on Thursday.
The class audio will be posted by 18h00 on Thursday. To access the audio file follow these instructions: Go to My Account > My Library – and download/play the audio from there.
*Please note the Real Academy Team is in the process of streamlining the website. Please bear with us.